You have much time but nothing to do? You have experimenting spirit? You have enough hair to grow till next season? Yet you are doubt which haircut will look good even you do it yourself? You can start your experiment it with DIY short layered bob. This experiment can get you know better about your face shape, feeling in cutting your own hair so you can appreciate more meanwhile you know the weakness and strength of your hair. Because of you are not hair stylist or professional hairdresser, in doing DIY short layered bob, do not instantly cut it short to avoid mistakes and keep your hair enabled to cut again.
Below are the steps of simple DIY short layered bob:
- Prepare the material for your experiment.
Prepare yourself for doing DIY short layered bob by getting good scissors sold in beauty store since it will give almost same quality as the hairdresser’s, general comb and wide-toothed comb, some elastic bands, and towel to prevent the cut hair falls on clothes. Choose strategic place with sufficient mirror height and size.
- Take some considerations before cutting the
You have more time to examine your face and hair features. If you have thick, wavy, or curly hair, maybe you want the longer layers. The long layers also flatter the round or square face shape. Conversely, oval and heart shaped face may look better with shorter layers.
- Get ready for the DIY short layered bob cutting:
- Wash your hair
- After washing your hair, towel dry it and comb with wide tooth comb so it will not drip.
- Make ponytail on top of your head.
- Easier way to get the ponytail is that by turning head upside down and with the help of comb, you can gather the hair and tie the hair with the elastic band. To get perfect position, you have to make sure it is on the top of the head.
- Playing tricks with the elastic band
- You can slide the elastic down to get the length of your hair as you wish. For longer layers, slide the elastic band about an inch from the end of ponytail.
- End of hair cutting
- Use scissors to chop the section which sticks out from the ponytail and cut them in same place. Be careful to hold the scissors unless your layers will be jagged.
Done with the cutting, release the elastic band and examine the layers. You can trim the pieces of hair you think wrongly done.